By Chris Tanaka, MA, Certified Yoga Instructor
Welcome the New Year with Tadasana. From a place of being calm and balanced, we can reflect on the past and make clear and healthy decisions about the future.
Danielle in Tadasana in Mountain Pose
- Inspiration – The surrounding mountains.
- Benefits – Grounding, balancing, centering.
- Actions –
- Stand straight and place your feet together. Ground down evenly on both feet; press your weight into the heels. Contract the quadriceps.
- Lift the pit of the abdomen and keep the thighs back.
- Keep the arms to the sides of the body. Move the shoulder blades down and apart. Keep the chest lifted.
- Look straight ahead and soften the gaze inhale and exhale through the nose.