Spring is here and it is time to clear out the old and lighten the load! I fell on some accidental cleansing just in the past week as the unfortunate flu was circulating. I’ve been yearning for a deeper cleanse, yet while breastfeeding Lilou (my baby girl), I know to refrain so that she doesn’t receive my toxins. So I chose the most appropriate version for my body, which happened to be raw vegetable juices with their fiber, steamed vegetables, broth, and whole grains (quinoa & brown rice). These types of cleanses in fact help illness pass faster and strengthen the system by eliminating what is not needed. I already notice feeling lighter, more focused and having more energy to exercise.
- If you are working, need to be focused and still meet deadlines: choose a Mediclear Cleanse (details below)*. You can opt-in for deeper cleansing with a uniquely designed supplement program, as well. Plan on 21 days to commit.
- If you have time off to rest & regenerate and your blood sugar is stable with no crashes: choose a vegetable & fruits fast. These can be as juices, as blended drinks (to maintain the fiber), or as raw or steamed veggies. This cleanse can be perfect to combine with meditation, yoga, and bodywork, as a way to be introspective and do deep spiritual healing. Plan on 3-7 days, erring on the shorter side if this is your first cleanse. You’ll want an additional few days to exit this plan with a vegetarian diet, slowly adding back in animal products if you regularly consume them.
- If you want a customized plan, visit our Naturopathic doctors.
- Purchase what you need and take the time to divide supplements into pill packets.
- Set the alarm on your phone for daily reminders of when to eat and take supplements.
- Plan 3-7 days to exit from your cleansing, so your body can adjust to the refreshed system. I strongly advise against drinking heavily or eating harder to digest foods (red meats, dairy, processed foods, and full-fat meals) for the first week off of a cleanse.
- Many cleanses recommend eating vegetarian for 1 week while re-entering your regular routine.
- Assess if there are changes that you’d like to maintain now that you’re off the cleanse- maybe less sugar, less caffeine or no processed foods. Let your changes last!
Have fun on the journey of cleansing and be gentle with yourself!
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Lisa, click here or call 206-729-6211.