Colonics & Colon Cleansing
Colon Cleansing: Why You Should Do It!
You’ve heard about it and probably considered it, but there’s never been a better time to take action regarding your health than now! Tummy Temple offers colon cleansing to help you do just that. We provide a highly beneficial colonic therapy, also known as colon hydrotherapy, amongst many other health treatments to help you achieve optimal digestion and elimination.
Doctors worldwide have recognized the importance of gut health and bowel care for disease prevention. Significant health improvements have been seen in individuals doing regular colon cleansing.
Our signature spa-level colon cleanse session includes intake, 45 minutes of table time, the use of essential oil blends, and a therapist summary of the session. Colon hydrotherapy is provided using a closed system with a practitioner in the room at all times during the session.
Benefits Of Having A Colon Cleanse
- Improves the function of the digestive system
- Supports detoxification
- Prevents constipation by keeping the bowel regular
- Increases energy and vitality
- Increases absorption of vitamins and nutrients into the body
- Improves concentration
- Supports clear skin
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Decreases risks that lead to colon cancer
- Optimize fertility
- Promotes a sense of well being
Understanding The Colon Cleanse Procedure
There are numerous ways to clean the colon naturally through juicing, certain foods, enemas, and other at-home methods. However, undergoing colon hydrotherapy has proven to be very effective in achieving results over a shorter period of time and maintaining those results for longer.
During a colonic, a speculum is introduced into the colon via the rectum, and triple filtered water is gently introduced. This internal rinsing process lasts about 45 minutes, and the client can return to daily activities after that.
Types of Colon Hydrotherapy
At Tummy Temple, we currently offer closed colon hydrotherapy systems, and we are excited to announce that the open colon hydrotherapy treatment will be available in the late fall of 2022. Both are highly effective ways of cleansing the colon. Contact us today to help you choose which one is the best fit for you.
Closed Colonic System
This conventional method of colon cleansing is popular because it assists trained professionals who apply techniques to improve the efficacy of the treatment. All waste is contained via disposable tubing that includes a speculum that is gently inserted into the rectum by the practitioner.
Many clients prefer this method as they can relax while an expert practitioner listens to how they feel and adjusts their session as needed.
Your practitioner can provide abdominal manipulation to increase your comfort during the colon cleansing session, report what they are seeing, and give helpful suggestions to address any concerns.
People with more complicated digestive or detoxification health needs usually prefer this system.
Conditions Helped With Colon Cleansing
- Constipation / Diarrhea
- Excessive Gas or bloating
- Headaches / Migraines
- Body Pain and Aches
- Halitosis and Body Odor
- Chronic Fatigue
- Candida or Microbiome imbalance
- Abdominal discomfort
- Irritable Bowel
PRICING FOR COLON Cleansing*:
- $135: Signature Colonic
- $175: Naturopathic Doctor Colonic (with an ND performing the colonic, also used for diagnostic purposes)
- $ 30: Electro-Lymphatic Add-On
- $ 25: Coffee Enema Add-On**
- $50: Ozone Add-On (with ND practitioner only)**
- Prices vary: Nutritional Injections and IVs**
OZONE THERAPY (add-on option for colon cleansing)
Low-dose therapeutic ozone has been safely used by hundreds of thousands of patients for over 150 years. Ozone therapy originated in Germany and is used around the world today. Benefits of Ozone therapy:
- Improved circulation and oxygen delivery to tissues
- Enhanced metabolism
- Upregulates anti-oxidants
- Enhances the immune system
- Supports the neuroendocrine system
- Activates neuroprotective systems
Our Naturopathic Doctors will determine the number and frequency of Ozone rectal insufflation treatments for you, best results are seen after 4-6 sessions.
Conditions That May Benefit From Ozone Rectal Insufflation Therapy:
- Pelvic or prostate congestion
- Intestinal Dysbiosis
- Inflammatory bowel conditions
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Liver disorders
- Poor circulation
- Chronic infections
- The weak or stressed immune system
*Notice of Clarity: Massage (LMT) and Registered Nutritionist (RN) credentials do not include colonics in their scope of training, certification, or practice.
Colonic Hydrotherapy Contraindications
What are the contraindications (conditions) that could prevent me from receiving colon hydrotherapy?
A contraindication is any indication or symptom that makes it inadvisable to use a particular therapy. Please call us at 206-237-4515 if you believe you have a contraindication to colon cleansing. We will help clarify your situation and ensure that your next step is a solid one! The following are contraindications for colon cleanse hydrotherapy. If any of these apply to you we are not able to treat you with colon hydrotherapy at the present time, unless you have a written prescription from an MD or ND showing supervision over our services for the contraindication.
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy:
- Cancer of the colon or GI (gastrointestinal) tract.
- Acute abdominal pain (please call us to clarify).
- Recent history of GI or rectal bleeding.
Colonic Cleanse From Tummy Temple
The more research that is done, the more we begin to understand the importance of gut health and detoxification to live a healthy life.
Though the topic of disease is never fun to discuss, we must face the fact that a toxic colon can wreak havoc on the rest of the body if it’s not addressed or regularly cleaned out through colon cleansing.
In short – it can lead to severe health issues. And it’s time that you do your body a favor and book for a colon cleanse sooner than later! Choose the safer and more effective method to eliminate waste from the body, and let Tummy Temple assist you in feeling cleaner, lighter, and healthier than before!
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy
- Congestive heart failure.
- Uncontrolled hypertension.
- History of seizures.
- Carcinoma of the rectum.
- Abdominal surgery*
- Intestinal perforation.
- Abdominal hernia.
- Recent colon or rectal surgery.
- Recent heart attack.
- General debilitation.
- Vascular aneurism.
- Renal insufficiency.
- Epilepsy or psychoses.
- Severe hemorrhoids.
- Fissures or fistula.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Acute Crohn’s disease.
- Rectal or abdominal tumors.
* Please call us to inquire about your situation as this does not apply to all surgeries: 206-237-4515. If you have any of these contraindications you may still be eligible to receive colon cleanse hydrotherapy once they have subsided or been eliminated. In support, or as alternatives, massage and/or Decongestive Lymphatic therapy can be extremely helpful when supervised by a Naturopathic Doctor. As well, Registered Dietitian consultations can provide you with insight and a reasonable plan to address many of your digestive or reproductive challenges. If you are ever in question please call us at 206-237-4515.