What to expect when starting Diju
There are many different responses to Diju as one becomes adjusted to action of the herbs. Most persons will find that they notice results within 12-48 hours while more chronic and complicated cases of congestion will take longer to respond.
Immediate results can include:
• softer stool
• increase in the overall “urge” to have bowel movements
• easier and more complete bowel movements
• improved digestion
• more sensation in the intestinal tract
• gas can occur as congested material is softened and loosened
• light cramping can occur from gas and stimulation of a weak colon muscle
The goal with using Diju is that people have 2-3 easy bowel movements a day. The stools should be soft enough that they pass easily and you feel that you “completed’ your elimination. If bowels become loose, then dosage should be reduced. If the bowels become too stimulated and small diameter stools occur, then fiber should be added to the regimen.
The recommended dosage is a good starting point for most people. However, each body is unique so the correct dose for each person maybe slightly more or less than the initial dose. It is important to track bowel movement quality to find the dose that’s “just right.”
Persons with extreme congestion and longer periods between bowel movements may need to employ the use of enemas or colonics to assist with the initial decongestion phase. This allows for a more comfortable and effective cleansing process. It is not unusual for persons at this level of congestion to take the maximum dosage of herbs along with the elimination support of colonics or enemas.
Examples (Note: There is no substitute for chewing food till liquid, eating a vibrant and healthy diet, consuming food in a relaxed state and drinking lots of clean water):
1. Person normally has 2-3 bowel movements, but over the past week things have slowed down to 1 every other day. Start off with a teaspoon of pellets (~25-30) at bedtime and see if this gets things moving again in the morning. If so, keep them 30 at bedtime till regularity normalizes. If not, then increase the dosage to a teaspoon (25-30) at bedtime and 10 with each meal. Increase or decrease as needed to achieve optimal movements.
2. Person has a history of healthy elimination (2-3 easy bowel movements for most of their life), but over the past 3-6 months they have slowed down to 1 every other day, or less. Start them at 1 teaspoon of pellets (~25-30) at bedtime and 10 with each meal (3 times per day). Increase or decrease as needed to achieve optimal movements.
3. Person has only been having 1 bowel movement every 3 days for the past few years. Start them with 1 tablespoon of pellets (~40) at bedtime and 15 with each meal (3 times per day). Increase or decrease as needed to achieve optimal movements. Colonics, and/or enemas, are highly indicated for support here.
4. Person is unable to have a bowel movement without the use of a laxative. Start them with 1 tablespoon of pellets (~40) at bedtime and 20 with each meal (3 times per day). Encourage them to reduce their laxative use initially to half of what they have been doing or stop using it all together. Increase or decrease as needed to achieve optimal movements. These individuals should definitely use colon hydrotherapy support if possible. If that service is not available, then back up the product use with enemas until relief is achieved.