I offer Massage Therapy (Myofascial Release, Neuromuscular Facilitation, Swedish, and Energy Healing). My work best serves individuals searching for stress relief, balance, and pain reduction; for those seeking a holistic muse to inspire them along their wellness journey.
My gift is a deep, personal, and studied understanding of the inter-play between the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of ourselves, as well as applied techniques and self-care strategies to promote wellbeing on these levels. My background in behavioral psychology has given me opportunity to hone listening skills that will optimize your goal-setting for our time together, whether it be to transcend stress for 60 luxurious minutes, or to create a longer-term transformational program specific to your uniqueness.
My journey into the healing arts began in the woods of Wisconsin where I grew up. Living close to the land, taught me to change with the seasons, to draw energy from the Earth and its abundant gifts, and to appreciate the present moment. In my teenage years, I was introduced to energetic healing, guided meditation, and hypnosis which not only enabled me to recover weeks quicker from sports injuries, but also gave me profound emotional healing experiences. Now after 10 focused years of working in behavioral psychology making change with at-risk youth and families effected by autism, I went in search of another puzzle piece and found the opportunity to be of service with one of the most powerful healing modalities I have found – massage therapy. I was a client at Tummy Temple years ago, and now in this special space, I have the privilege to offer my gifts to you.
- Licensed Massage Therapist – MA 60745647
- Visceral Massage with Shelly Shelley – Tummy Temple – Apr 18th- present
- ELT training with Christina Sarver – Tummy Temple – Apr 6th- present
- Muscle Specific, Deep Tissue with Brian Utting – Pacific Northwest School of Massage – Feb 8th – present
- MA of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (Applied Behavior Analysis) – In progress
- BA in Psychology – Focus on Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies – 2008
- Yoga Instructor Teaching – 2009
Interests and Areas of Study
- Reiki – Level 1
- Mycology, Superfoods, Ayurveda, Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Breath work